Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Important Weekly Update #3: Revenge of the EULA (our end is near)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by ssamjh, Apr 30, 2018.

1. ssamjh

ssamjh Owner
    Owner

Minecraft Accounts: ssamjh
    Hello all,

As many of you are aware, we were contacted by Mojang recently about changing our store and becoming EULA friendly, and if we didn't, we'd get blacklisted. So, of course, I agreed to make the changes in our store almost immediately to take the pressure off. I knew what could potentially happen.

After closely watching the profits in April, it really has been evident that changing the store to accompany the EULA had a massive side-effect. Now I am sure you don't want me to go into money and how much everything costs so I will keep it simple. We are not making enough to continue running the server without a loss. Simply put, we can't go on.

That is why I must tell everyone the bad news, MineSwine is shutting down. Our MC server will be taken offline around the 28-29th of May. The forums will remain online as they have been paid for at least a few more months in advance and the Discord server will remain.

This decision has not come lightly and I am sure you are all as disappointed as me. I have met some amazing people while doing this and have absolutely loved the community input. Most of my past projects have been small and only for my friends.

I would like to thank everyone who made this project even in the slightest possible.

@IndieB3 - Thanks for allowing me to continue MineSwine on. It has truly been an experience that I won't forget.
    @dillyg10 - You helped build MineSwine to what it is today before I even got here. You did a great job, I know it will probably sadden you to see it coming to an end.
    @TheTacobite - Thanks for introducing me to MineSwine. Without you, I would have never been apart of this amazing community.
    @GamerKing195 - The only dev that is still with us since the beginning. Your work on JediCraft has been one of a kind and the community and I are forever grateful.
    @thepaperboy99 - Ahh paper, I would consider you one of the most professional developers we had. SG:RL was truly amazing and it is such a shame it never lived up to the potential we wanted.
    @Valcom - Ahhhh, our resident Hypixel builder. Your building skills were unmatched and flawless.
    @Sairento LuX - The CrackShot god and German hacker. Unfortunately, you happened to come back at the worst possible time... Also, your internet is too fast, screw you.
    @CorporalBLOBER - What can I say? Easily the most annoying of the lot. I have to say, the muffins are great.
    @xEmilia - I am really glad you were apart of the team. All of the staff team loved your work and it was sad when you decided to resign.
    @BryceBAM - I'm sure you have banned more people than you'd like to admit. The community may have disliked you very much, but you have made the last few months possible with your community involvement and updates.
    @SierraMike - You were our first staff manager. I remember all the long chats we had about memes and many, many Rick and Morty jokes.
    @Jab - You weren't around for long, but your work was greatly appreciated by the community when it was needed most.
    @FalseHonesty - Like Jab, you weren't here for long either. The community was very happy with your work on pets, however.
    @FrostedBlizzard - That noise you make is funny. Thing is I can't replicate it with the English language so it is up to everyone's imagination.
    @SuperEthos - You have always said it's impossible for you to leave MineSwine. Well, MineSwine is leaving you. Alright, I'm getting too poetic.

But most importantly I want to thank you, yes, you. Thank you for being apart of our community. Thank you for spending your own money to help keep our project alive. And thank you for spending your time here.

We could not have done it without the amazing community.

I think it is finally time for myself to take a break from Minecraft and just go back to running a small server to experiment with. I do have a message for Mojang however;

I know what you are doing is your legal right in every way. I know the EULA was designed to protect everyone and help the community but you may not realize what you are doing to your game. Yeah, sure, small servers like us don't make up even the smallest percentage of your player base but they are what is important. Sometimes people don't want to play on the bigger servers, sometimes they just want something truly unique.

By doing what you are doing, you are hurting the community at its heart. Hell, maybe you want the community of Java to leave and switch over to the Bedrock editions and that is probably a wise business choice. But if you truly want that, make it easier for individuals to create bedrock edition servers. This will help the community strive.

You can find me a few places, I will still be around the Discord server. You are welcome to join my own Discord server here. As mentioned above I will be continuing my own little server, you are welcome to try it. I will continue to be active on SpigotMC where I have started devoting my time to helping others already.

One last time, thank you all for being here,
    Sam

• Piggy Piggy x 2
    • WTF Richard!? WTF Richard!? x 1
  2. GamerKing195

GamerKing195 Developer
    Developer

Minecraft Accounts: GamerKing195
    It was fun; I always wanted to work on mineswine since the first time I played mine wars in 2013, I'm glad that dream come true and I got to meet all, you incredible people. I've learned so many things while I've been here and I'm sure that every person on this staff team has a bright path ahead of them. See ya around.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BryceBAM

BryceBAM Staff Manager |Builder
    Administrator Builder

Minecraft Accounts: BryceBAM
    Sad to see it go. I've made great friends here. The administration taught me so many skills, and I appreciate it.

Meating everyone here was a dream of mine too, but I wasn't gonna say it out loud...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Super Admin
    Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: SuperEthos
    It happened. Yeah, I know, most of you probably thought this would happen.

Like, a few years ago.

Since 2014, this server has been a part of my life. For over three yeas, I've been proud to be a part of the Mineswine community. And I don't expect to be leaving it anytime soon. Sure, the server is going down, and sure, the forums will at some point as well. But our Discord will always be there, that's a plus. But most of all, Mineswine will never die in its players. From the oldest of old to those who may have joined today, we are all part of Mineswine. This server has lasted through innumerable hardships and times most communities would have died in. But we prevailed. And we still do.

It's been a great ride. One that shaped me and many others. But I see this as the beginning of another period, one where we can all move on. We've made friends, memories, and years of fun.

Thank you for being a part of Mineswine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Valcom

Valcom Content Manager | Dadmin
    Manager Administrator YouTuber

Forever MineSwine will be in my heart and ALL of the people who came along with it. May she rest easy and may the community thrive. Thank you for the unbelievable experiences from day 1 of BlockEmpires.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Sairento LuX

Sairento LuX Admin
    Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: SairentoLuX
    I really hoped for a the train to move faster at first when you guys bought MineSwine, when I joined first as a staff again I saw all the good work that was being put into the server which shows that you all had more dedication than any of the previous developers and owners I don't wanna say how bad it was before for me to make something for sgrl/jedicraft until dilly gave me full access to modify crackshot.

But sadly the train derailed as Mojang put a rocks on the tracks.
    Over all the time by playing this server for 5 years it was fun while it lasted, but all good things come to an end and so is MineSwine

Thanks for all the great time with all the new Staff, old Staff and players I've met throughout my time on MineSwine.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. BladedAndSharp

BladedAndSharp Moderator

Awh.... Sad Mineswine has to go. Thanks to everyone that made it possible to play with on this awesome minecraft server with a great community. I've been playing this server for arround 4 years now and it was allot of fun!

8. jasonlt

jasonlt New Member

it was nice playing with all of you and the passion you put in the server, but those times have to end with the server closing down. What I’m saying is I will miss everyone on the server including enemy,staff,ally’s, and the friends I made on the server. It’s is heart breaking see it like these

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. EnderCatOfBros

EnderCatOfBros New Member

I had lots of fun thank you everyone (yes even you Bryce even tho I hated u, deep down u were nice to have around) I have made many friends off of mineswine. I thank everyone for making this server a great server, I love you all (yes full homo)
    Have a great life on a new server.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. xEmilia

xEmilia VIP
    VIP

I'm not going to write long paragraphs here....since Sam has already done a great job on that lel

Mineswine is the very first minecraft server I ever played, and it will forever remain at a special place in my heart. I still remember how amazed I was when I first connected to a Minecraft server in October 2015, and I really appreciate Mineswine for paving my way of getting a life-changing experience.

Mineswine will continue to thrive in our hearts <3

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Super Admin
    Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: SuperEthos
    In memorium of all times, good and bad, of this wonderful server and its community.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IRiMnN0tVOk

stupid jadyha deleting his old swineforce videos for some 2b2t crap this is why the entire community hated him

• Like Like x 1
  12. FireStorm

FireStorm Active Member

sadness.

13. HERB_YELIAB

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: __HERB__
    Oh thank goodness @VulcanEagle's favorite isnt in there...

14. PigDaddy!

PigDaddy! Member

there's still money i havnt gotten back that i used on old jc xD

15. FireStorm

FireStorm Active Member

16. HERB_YELIAB

VIP

*clicks link before remembering what we were talking about* OH FU- *flashbacks*

17. JKarateSammy

JKarateSammy Godlike Member

Remember LanceyPooh's video of him trying to kill me for like 8 minutes on JediCraft ahahahaha

• Like Like x 1
  18. JKarateSammy

JKarateSammy Godlike Member

Well, it had to happen at some point,

I appreciate the attempt to keep the server striving after the owner-switch, however, at that point, Mineswine had already started digging its grave. I'm not going to write some long paragraph and everything, everybody else has said what I could say above. Instead, I'm going to thank a few people.

@Jajub123 - Arguably the best Builder to ever be on Mineswine, had insanely fun times with this dude, one day he just disappeared. Everyone who knew him saddened by this.

@KillerKing08 - An extremely talented builder, sadly never got the rank. Once again had great times with her and was always willing to help me with my own server at the time, and supported every idea and clan I made. She slowly started getting off Minecraft and now she has lost contact with me for over 1-2 Years.

@SuperEthos - Met this kid a long time ago on the Creative server, he was just a noob asking for me to check out his build. To no surprise it was trash hahaha, It was a small box house and a rollercoaster made out of Redstone, gold and diamond blocks. But I helped him learn how to build, and we became friend's that way. He helped me with my personal server as well and also had a great time with him.

@Space_portpro - Helped me with my server, met on Creative, a lot like SuperEthos. Which is a good thing, this kid always seem like he looked up to me (bad idea), and was an awesome friend of mine. Space Potato
    @ScarlyBoooBoo - Who know's, a great person, lived in Australia I believe and moved to Phillipenes? I have no idea, that was a long time ago. Every OG member knows this guy and he was amazing at SGRL. Sadly he left a long time ago, far before anyone else on this lst. Sad day, but he carved the path for a great community.ii

@ButterWarrior52 - An OG member who sadly seems like he left recently, we had lots of fun on SGRL in it's prime.

@Fartmaster11 - Still haven't understood why you choose FartMaster as a name, but it's funny. An OG Member who was always on and great to play any game mode with. He remembers the prime of Mineswine and when it was good

@TheHaloZombie - I still remember making that one Elmo profile picture for you, glad you kept it for so long. Thank you for everything you have done for the community and me personally, it was an awesome time playing with you.

@jdawg12 - One of my favorite moderators to ever moderate, he let me send tons of minecarts across the Creative server and froze the server to let me make floating track. A great dude and was sad to see him go.

@Scepting - An iconic figure of Mineswine, not sure if I liked this guy or not haha.

@HERB_YELIAB - He has been here from the beginning, and I've always mispronounced his name but who cares. A great dude from the old days who is still here today, I applaud you for that.

@Sairento LuX - Been here from the start, if it wasn't for him the server who have been gone a long time ago. I have the utmost appreciation for this guy and hope he excels in whatever future endeavors he has.

I bet I forgot some, and I'm sorry if I forgot you. Playing on this server was one of the best decisions of my life and I hope everyone else here has a great life. I'm 16 now, Whenever I was 11 I was going to apply for Builder, and TheTacoBite insisted I had to be 16, and I said I would not be playing Minecraft anymore. And I was right. It is sad to see this community fall, it truly is. Goodluck to all in your future, and if you want to contact me or play with me look below, Farewell to everyone, and everything. This server has made its mark on everyone who has played it.

PS4 - TheSavageSheeps
    Skype - Tigah_
    Email - TheTamarackTigers@gmail.com
    Snapchat - cringykrab
    IG - cringykrab

• Like Like x 1
  19. HERB_YELIAB

VIP

Still think we should make Mineswine: REBORN a thing xD

20. TheHaloZombie

TheHaloZombie Godlike Member

I knew deep down this was bound to happen. Thank you Mineswine for being an amazing server, thank you to all my friends online for making some great memories, and thank you dev team for making the whole thing possible. If any of you want to contact me, my xbox gamertag is PickleNDishsoap, and my steam name is 2 Pickles And Dishsoap. This server was amazing. Thank you all.
    -Halo

Last edited: May 13, 2018
    • Friendly Friendly x 1