Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

New Rules Discussion

Discussion in 'MineSwine Discussion' started by Ilya, Nov 6, 2016.

1. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

As you all have noticed recently, @SierraMike posted a thread about rules update (or new set, whatever you want to call it) and I wanted to go over some of them that are causing confusion to me (and maybe some others) and that sound a bit outrageous.

1) Respect All Users (or RAU as it has been called) - I have nothing against this policy and I find it to be very pro-liberal or whatever you want to call it, and I agree with a list of things that are not allowed to be said (racist sexist etc), but at the same time I still want to keep my right to say things that are rude, but with limits, of course. As an example I want to provide recent @WillS1888 thread where he called a player "little player - big talk" and was warned for it. Literally, I don't see a reasoning behind it. As I understood certain player was bragging about killing his friend too easy (which I find rude too, where is his warning then????) and when @WillS1888 wanted to repay the kindness he was warned. Sometimes being rude is necessary as some people don't understand normal language. I know you all going to scream at me: "You have to better than them! Just report them if they are rude, blah blah blah", but in my experience, people, especially players are tend to be lazy to report every single rulebreaker (chat ones mostly) if staff member is not there. My point is, I want to keep my right of free speech and be rude (with limits) on this server.

2) Party Punishment (YouTubers bullying) - okay, this is just outrageous. When I read this, I was like: "WHAT?"
    It basically says if a clan (party, group of people) will target YouTubers "the party may suffer punishment and a possibility of a party being disbanded". Okay, just one question. Isn't it a point of YouTubers is to make content on the server showing off the game play and therefore promoting it? Why do they need a right to complain about some certain group of people that is attacking him? What is the possibility that the same group will attack him twice? Why do we try to reject the YouTubers the content they need for their videos? Do you think, if they make a video about them running around fully geared and killing noobs, but avoid the fight with larger groups because groups are too scared of "punishment" for touching the server's Jesus, that suppose to bring more people to the server? What if people see Youtubers killing noobs only? I do not think it will help promoting the server.

I know that most of my saying is mostly theoretical, but its my opinion, so RESPECT it (Or be "punished", if you are rude and you hurt my feelings)

2. SierraMike

SierraMike Member

Hello!
    While I understand your concerns, allow me to clarify some points for you.
    1. Respect All Users is not meant to restrict your speech on the server, but more so acts as a reminder that what you say on the server can negatively affect other players. The part stating that we will not allow discrimination is what will be strictly enforced, but continuous negativity towards a specific player or group of players may also be punished, at the staff team's discretion. As per the nature of this rule, what is classified as continuous negativity will be on a case by case basis.
    2. Party Punishment (YouTubers Bullying) is pretty much directed at parties of people who repeatedly target YouTubers off of spawn in Survival Games and other minigames. You are allowed to kill YouTubers in minigames if you come accross them, but you are not allowed to purposefully chase them off of spawn just because they are a YouTuber. To directly quote the rules,
    Thank you for your concerns with the new rules being put in place and I hope this cleared up any confusion you may have had.
    -SierraMike

• Like Like x 2
  3. WillS1888

WillS1888 Active Member

What I get from this is that I can purposely chase youtubers out of a minigame as long as I don't consider it purposeful I consider it "an accident". And what you said didn't make sense. I was warned for a literally stateing one thing a single time. Therefore I was warned for something that isn't against the rules. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you said though so correct me if I'm wrong.

4. It's not about if you think you aren't doing it on purpose. It about the staff member that is investigating you. If he thinks you are doing it on purpose and he can gather valid evidence he has the right to issue a punishment.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

then what about the "respect to all part"? Im still a bit confused after @SierraMike explanation, because then I don't understand what is considered rude and offensive and what is not.
    He said continous, but WillS was warned when he first said it. You either have to re-instruct the staff team or give us more explanation.

6. SierraMike

SierraMike Member

While in this case staff member intervention was not necessarily needed, perhaps the staff member saw that the particular exchange in question could have become harmful in some way and decided to stop it early. Again, all punishments and warnings are at the discretion of the individual staff member handling the issues.

7. ButterWarrior52

ButterWarrior52 Godlike Member

I have a really bad feeling about what's going to transpire due to the addition of all these new staff that have barely even communicated with the community yet....
    Along with the fact that 95% of staff probably don't know how most people here act...
    From what I'm seeing (and what the rules are like right now), and this is completely my own opinion- This is being treated way too seriously for my sanity. I think the age difference between staff and average playerbase is too large (In terms of maturity, because staff now is really good in that sense). I completely understand that you're mostly new and you have to get the server back on its feet, but I just hope as we continue on you will all be a little more 'chill'
    Because I feel very restricted due to half of the rules and I haven't even done anything against them. It just gives me the feeling I'm being oppressed and can't be who I want to be. (Not that I have an issue with that, it's the flipping internet, just giving my view.)
    Please don't mess this community up, I trust you'll all do well

• Like Like x 4
  8. CorporalBLOBER

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: CorporalBLOBER
    Think of it this way. When you go and watch movies these days (especially star wars, marvel, dc, etc.) you will find actors with major roles that have no previous interest with the story and fan base. You necessary wont care that much and is happy as long as they are a good actor. What I am trying to say if they are good at their job then they deserve a chance to prove them self to the community like how a new actor is introduced to an ongoing movie series. I know this isn't the greatest example, but I hope it gets my point across.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Moderocky

Moderocky Master Magician
    Manager Administrator Helper Head Builder Builder VIP

Ehh people need a bit of seriousness sometimes, there's a saying that goes something like 'raise a harsh whip and they shall do no wrong'.

Clearly some staff members will have a different outlook to others, but the great thing about having such strict and comprehensive rules is it gives them an instant advocate to deal with obvious troublemakers, especially the ones who try and jump around the rules to wind up staff without getting into trouble.

Here's a few examples of the rules from my past experiences.

• They've spent ages attracting a new Youtuber
    • He eventually says yes and goes to record some SG
    • The invincibility wears off and he turns round to find 4 people waiting behind him to kill him
    • This happens every game, he's famous and they all want the kill
    • He stops playing, the games only last 30 seconds for him because he can hardly get out of the starting zone without being followed

• You're playing creative
    • Somebody starts calling you a "spoon" repeatedly (generally non-offensive, super-useful eating utensil)
    • They could be making a compliment, I mean I really like spoons, how else could you eat custard?
    • They also could be implying that you're not very intelligent, spoons aren't known for being sharp
    • They could be calling you a 'tool', as a spoon is just a utensil
    • Spoons aren't especially versatile in the hands of an amateur, so they might be saying you're a one-trick horse.
    • They could be saying you're a stick in the mud
    Spoons are just an example, but you see that many of these words have kind of derogatory connotations, and some people don't take at all kindly to any form of criticism and can be really easily upset.

This is my comprehensive viewpoint, hope it helps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Legoariel

Legoariel Active Member

Have you reapplied yet?