Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

New Gamemode: Hardcore Factions

Discussion in 'Factions' started by Ilya, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

I know you probably think that Factions are hardcore already, but why won't make it even more? My idea is to make a server on which ranks (and their benefits) would be almost insignificant to the gameplay. Thats how I think this will work...

1) Restrictions on base buildings:
    • No obsidian
    • No underground / sky bases (except having a connected to the surface base basement)
    • No water coverage
    You probably asking: "How do we protect ourselves from raiding then?"
    Well, first of all I want to remove / limit all TNT in all the donor/starter kits. Meaning of it is, to lower the the amount of tnt donors can get in /kit raid to 16, or maybe even 8. Also, make TNT not able to be purchased from the shop. It will make raiding more pvp-based and will require more overclaim-raiding. At the same time, the power death penalty should be increased from 4 to 6, so you can get the power of your enemies down quicker.

2) Nerf donor kits:
    • Hogwild (Hardcore factions) (kit cooldown 3 days) = Boar (Normal factions) - p3 armor and sharp 4 weapons (NO GAPS)
    • Boar(Hardcore) (kit cooldown 2 days) = Piglet (Normal) (Sharp 2 sword and eff 2 tools)
    • Piglet (hardcore) (kit cooldown 2 days) = prot 3 unbr 2 iron armor and sharp 1 diamond sword
    3) Spawners: remove pickup ability for donors! No buy from shop as well!

4) Remove Wither (obv reasons, too OP for hardcore)

5) WorldGuard End, so nobody can build in it, but still able to kill the dragon (crystals should stay, more challange to killing a dragon, you will need your fellow team now!)

6) Forbid to build bases in Nether. (all action in Overworld)

7) Remove any tp commands except /spawn, /home and /f home (except donors maybe)

8) Make world 5000x5000 size

We will need a special staff assigned to this server to constantly check players bases and if found rule-breaking, all stuff should be destroyed and faction disbanded. (harsh and hardcore xD)

That's my idea of Hardcore factions. Leave a comment!

P.S. MAKE IT 1.9 PVP
    P.S.S. Maybe add a death ban system? :D
    ~teeb1234

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Space_portpro

Space_portpro Active Member

So HCF could be fun we would get a salty community though, and 1.9 pvp is not good in my OPINION

3. Space_portpro

If we do make it HCF, normally the only way you can be raised is when you have negative dtr.TNT, withers, creepers, and ended raging cannot destroy blocks.
    Also HCF has minimal teleporting commands, and it's mostly only /f home but that normally has a cool down.

Also it would be hard to make it so people can't build skybases and underground ones. If you're allowed to break/place blocks in the nether you could just make unclaimed bases.
    I don't agree with still having donator kits, it is HCF and everyone should have to either make their items or kill others for them.
    Also, stopping water covered bases would be very hard to do.

4. BossX

BossX Famous Member

Umm.... isnt this the same idea as UHC??
    (Not saying its bad, just that we tried that out already)

5. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

its factions... not UHC...

6. BossX

BossX Famous Member

But the only difference is the factions, which was also "added" to uhc, when people started making homes next to each other

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

I think you never played factions before, did you?

8. Jason Inc

Jason Inc Member

I honestly don't think it would fit with the style of the server as a Lobby.
    We have Factions , Creative , Skyblock.
    I feel like Hardcore Factions Would not be necessary since there is Factions.
    Also I don't know why but I think its weird since usually (May be wrong) Hardcore Faction Servers are singular servers.
    I also don't think Staff need to focus on MORE projects than they already are.
    Jedi Craft and several other mini games are under development ,
    Although Im sure this is something that can be considered in the future.
    Generally I don't like this idea , However everyone is entitled to their opinions. :p

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  9. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

i
    i wasnt proposing UHC at any point? dont you see the title of this thread
    its HARDCORE FACTIONS not UHC... and what I propose is absutely different from UHC...

10. Jason Inc

Jason Inc Member

Edited Sry about that.

11. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

well then we have 2 survival games: Normal Survival games and w guns. Why can't we have 2 different faction servers then.

12. Jason Inc

Jason Inc Member

Factions is already a declining type of server IMO , New types of Plugins and Specialities make factions servers harder and harder to make. As I mentioned I believe the Staff are to HEAVY Worked already with all their projects.

13. Space_portpro

HCF is easy to make since you barely need anything, the hardest thing is probably world gaurded regions

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Jason Inc

Jason Inc Member

How would that make HCF Successful? HCF Is such a mainstream / populated server that just making a Normal type of HCF Wont bring much players , It'll probably just take-up more money and time than its worth. Again this is my opinion.

15. Austrayan

Austrayan VIP
    VIP

Would not work or be included most likely for the fact that factions is not the most popular game mode on Mineswine and there are 3 or so new game modes potentially being released.

16. MylesDev

MylesDev Active Member

Minecraft Accounts: MylesDev
    This sounds like a great idea! I've always wanted to make a HCF gamemode, but I've never found the time. I'll bring it up with the owners and development team and we'll see what we can do.

If this was to happen, it would be a separate server, and would come out after Factions 2.0 (Yes, 2.0!)

• Like Like x 2
  17. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

We should add guns to it.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Space_portpro

That would be stupid

• Like Like x 1
  19. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

I see how it is.