Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Update MineSwine - Weekly Update #2

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by flogic, Dec 30, 2017.

1. flogic

flogic Developer
    Developer

Minecraft Accounts: fl0gic
    What? What do you mean it has been eight months since the first weekly update?

Euhm welcome back to the mineswine update; I'm your host GamerKing195 believe it or not I still have access to post on the forums. JediCraft has been the leading game at mineswine since MineWars fell off years ago, and while we don't yet have the resources to make MineWars, we do have the resources to make substantial improvements to JediCraft.

First and foremost we've been in beta for over half a year now which was not intentional, but there's a lot of things that need to change for us to fully release JediCraft so here's an outline of our roadmap as of now.

- As of now the backend of JediCraft is quite messy so to get anything done we (Myself and @FalseHonesty) will be cleaning everything up, from a player point of view you'll likely be seeing some slight quality of life changes throughout the next week or so.
    - Once we're in a state to begin progressing, we'll go through and add some of the communities most requested features such as bounties, clans, forces, and potentially homes (easier said than done).
    - After all this content is out and debugged, we'll move on to an entire overhaul of the economy, weapons and chest systems performing massive balance changes. This phase will go through massive amounts of testing by both the community and staff. Once we're happy with it, we'll release it on the primary servers, and when we do so, we will perform a full reset to make sure the economy can become balanced and stay that way. I hope you all can understand why we want to do this reset in the far future.

As for the mineswine weekly updates, they will likely become monthly updates by the dev team in general or the content manager (@Valcom).

That's all for the second weekly update, I'll see you in eight months.

• WTF Richard!? WTF Richard!? x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. R3W8

R3W8 Famous Member

Minecraft Accounts: O400
    Can u just like...not reset the kills?

3. flogic

flogic Developer
    Developer

Minecraft Accounts: fl0gic
    Our current plan was to archive the previous database and add a way to view those stats. However, it's still up to debate so possibly.

4. BryceBAM

BryceBAM Staff Manager | Blastech
    Manager

Minecraft Accounts: BryceBAM
    I guess it wouldn't be necessary to reset the kills, but it would make a lot of sense if we did. It would be weird if we reset money, inventories, and ender chests but didn't reset kills. The idea of having a leader board somewhere would be good, but it should show 3-5 top people instead of just 1 as it does now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. MysteryM

MysteryM New Member

New features/stuff then? Vehicles, New Map, maybe a rare rare rare chance for Free To Play Players to obtain a Lightsaber (I doubt that last part though)

6. ssamjh

ssamjh Sys Admin
    Developer

Minecraft Accounts: ssamjh
    I think it would be a good idea to have some way of standard people obtaining lightsabers as of right now it really is quite unfair. It's hard to say though but I know it would be greatly appreciated.

7. xiiDeazi

xiiDeazi Active Member

Maybe a raffle type system on the server, where a command enters you into a prize draw for one lightsaber and this could occur daily? Not sure how feasible this is

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. PigDaddy!

PigDaddy! New Member

Yes please, new map <3

9. ratchetrory

ratchetrory New Member

Will the old Jedi ranks/ forces ever return? Having force choke then a soulbound lightsaber was really helpful. Also, if soulbounds are added back, will you be able to find them in red chests? I remember finding a soulbound jetpack in one and I was very happy. Thanks

10. DatOneTechie

DatOneTechie Member

Minecraft Accounts: DatOneTechie
    I just want a Y-Wing and Tie-Bomber cuz I vehicle fanatic.

11. OriginCreator

OriginCreator Member

R.I.P My DLT-19X That i can literally not die with :/ but eh, I would love a reset to happen

12. R3W8

R3W8 Famous Member

Minecraft Accounts: O400
    I SAVED UR 19X ONCE IM NOT DOING IT AGAIN!!! Reset pls happen xd

13. Freezngly

Freezngly Helper
    Helper

So wait are we reseting everything I just got confused

14. Valcom

Valcom Forum Ninja
    VIP

We may be resetting things such as Banks, Money, and Inventories. Remember JediCraft is still in Beta, so anything can happen.

15. WillS1888

WillS1888 Active Member

Did someone say Myle- oh wait you said myself. Dangit gamer I thought the man, the myth, the legend27 (dead meme) had returned

• Questionable Questionable x 1
  16. HERB_YELIAB

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: __HERB__
    *bi-yearly-ish "weekly" update*