Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Mineswine Progress Report

Discussion in 'Minor Announcements' started by IndieB3, Nov 2, 2016.

1. IndieB3

IndieB3 Owner
    Owner

Step 1: Opening the new server and testing out code/core.

Hub: [COMPLETED]
    Creative: [COMPLETED]
    Factions: [COMPLETED]
    SG Classic: [COMPLETED]
    Website Pt. 1: [COMPLETED]

Step 2: Fixing, updating and integrating game-modes with current server and API.

SGRL: [IN PROGRESS]
    Jedicraft; [IN PROGRESS]
    Rank/Purchase Transfers: [IN PROGRESS]
    Website Pt. 2: [IN PROGRESS]

Step 3: Re-introducing previously outdated games and modifying them to current version.

Arcade: [NOT YET STARTED]
    Minewars: [TO BE CONFIRMED]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sairento LuX

VIP

Minecraft account: SairentoLuX
    Waiting for SGRL
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  3. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Senior Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Minecraft account: SuperEthos
    Waiting for Jedicraft
    sadness.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Legoariel

Legoariel Active Member

So true.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Lockyex

Lockyex Famous Member

Minecraft account: Lockyex
    Here is a picture of the Cookie Monster to relax the pain of the SGRL and Jedicraft not being out

• Like Like x 3
  6. FireStorm

FireStorm Active Member

This frightens me more.

• Like Like x 3
  7. SkyTaker153

SkyTaker153 Active Member

XD same XD

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rotciv01

Rotciv01 New Member

Tfw the only gamemode you liked gets closed :(

• Like Like x 2
  9. Lockyex

Lockyex Famous Member

Minecraft account: Lockyex
    Closed because they are making it even better

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scepting

Scepting Professional Beach Modeller
    VIP

Waiting for a new improved jedicraft be like Such Beach Much Wow with cape.png

• Like Like x 2
  11. SkyTaker153

SkyTaker153 Active Member

Lol xD

• Like Like x 2
  12. xiiRevenge

xiiRevenge Active Member

Minecraft account: xiiRevenge
    Thank you very much for keeping us up to date!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rotciv01

Rotciv01 New Member

I'm talking about hardcore vanilla which they said may not even come back. :(

• Like Like x 1
  14. Caelums

Caelums Member

;-;

So close to jedicraft *reach out arms*

15. GamerKing195

GamerKing195 Developer
    Developer

Minecraft account: GamerKing195
    I've got just a few bits of constructive criticism (maybe a bit more than a few) based on first impressions. I just don't want to see mineswine turn into every other server, there is a reason some people have stuck around this long and its all potential.

First off they had this motto of trying to custom code everything they can I've heard that from insane and dilly many times ever since they started the server, and looking at the hub I don't even need access to /pl to know this isn't what it was.

Dilly and insane just had this style of doing things and this community-based mindset that really drove mineswine to the peak of what it was. But there's also a reason it ended up where it was beside them having personal things, which is balance. If you're going to make a successful server balance is more crucial than in StarWars (really). Like the balance between giving the community what it wants and listening to what everyone has to say (underlined for a reason), and getting a business out there. With mineswine being on its side of the scale focused on making great games and working with the community (until the end of dilly and insane rule which the community aspect stopped due to lack of time) which is what made Mineswine so unique the fact that for once the owners weren't in it for the business side they just wanted to make cool things within this cool game which they equally admired.

When Mineswine was at its peak they had a beautiful system of everything aesthetically and back end (another crucial component). Overall that drove the community forwards until they hit a breaking point, this was all due to balance dilly and insane were community driven and had great game design ideas nearly everyone enjoyed, but when it came to business, it was all kind of meh. The shop was a mess of packages and prices and the best part was honestly the look of it.

Here I think it's quite the opposite, as if the see-saw has flopped sides, which is how it is for over 90% of other mc servers. It seems (from first impressions) that what drives you guys is just getting things done, which is a great mindset don't get me wrong, however, it's important to just take a step back sometimes and make sure you're not getting in over your head. I think I speak for everyone on mineswine right now when I say we would rather wait weeks, or months for factions and creative to be done so long as they're done with the end-user in thought. Right now when I go on creative I see plugins smashed together in a hurried attempt to get some busywork for the community, and I say that in the nicest most honest way possible.

I'm definitely not saying I wish we had our old owners back, it's just I wish their previous successes and mistakes had a bigger impact on what you guys thing when making this new server. I really really love this server (as if writing more than I did for my last English essay hasn't proven it already), and I, and everyone on Mineswine, don't want to see it turned into something different. Everyone here especially you guys share a common motivation which is to get Mineswine back to where it was, and there is no short, quick easy way to that and tons and tons of dedicated people in the community are willing to help out (seriously, just watch how manny apps you get on Friday).

P.S.
    Sorry for writing so much please don't just "skim over" it. I tried to make everything as relevant as possible to the current situation and I hope you guys can take this constructive criticism into account when you are working on re-making the server.

EDIT #1:
    Factions is a good starting point too, the yellow and light purple colors need to be in EVERYTHING this is mineswine, show it! Don't leave plugins left alone maybe don't custom code everything but on old Mineswine it definitely looked like it, try and learn from the aesthetic style they had especially on the hub, just take that and build on it, there is no need to restart there.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  16. MoltsMC

MoltsMC Active Member

All I can say about the new staffs progress is that they have accomplished more in a few days than it took for all the admins combined to complete in a few months.... Dang Indie, you should've bought mineswine sooner, I would've loved to see those admins out to work sooner... GJ!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. ButterWarrior52

ButterWarrior52 Godlike Member

Good show sir! Most of that makes sense, and honestly some of that should be taken into consideration.

• Like Like x 1
  18. _JorgePlaysMC_

_JorgePlaysMC_ Active Member

So I know this is your opinion, but I just wanted to say a few things. I am sure they will play to release custom plugins and such, but I feel they wanted to release at least a few things so people feel that we are making progress. Sure, we have a pretty basic factions system. I feel that over time they can add unique updates such as events like bosses, a new form of raiding, and many other cool things like that. Since we are just starting out though, I feel we are at a decent pace. I will agree that custom is a major for lots of people, so the more unique we are with different ideas that actually work and are fun for everyone, the better. Community suggestion will also attract tons of players, if they take ideas and advice from players. Anyways I do agree with you on everything else, just wanted to say what I thought on terms on pre - coded plugins rather then custom.

19. GamerKing195

GamerKing195 Developer
    Developer

Minecraft account: GamerKing195
    Props to you mate you guessed it xD.

Another misconception about that post is that I wasn't saying it as if, oh my god we have new owners and they're making so many mistakes oh no. I was just pointing out my opinion on a first impression and my main point was about balancing community input and running a business which is (in my opinion) a reason why we don't have dilly & insane around rn.

20. Sairento LuX

VIP

Minecraft account: SairentoLuX
    Fun Fact: Admins couldn't really do anything back then just a little things and now they have proper devs unlike back then where they had just 2?

• Like Like x 1