Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Mineswine, 1.11 and other updates

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by ssamjh, Nov 21, 2016.

1. ssamjh

ssamjh Sys Admin
    Developer

Minecraft Accounts: ssamjh
    Hello Everyone,​

As you may or may not know, since Mineswine changed owners, I have been the Systems Administrator for the network and everything surrounding it. So since I am doing a lot of things behind the scenes, I thought it would be good for you guys to know what is happening!

So with Minecraft 1.11 being released recently, I was quite involved with testing the latest versions of Craftbukkit and Spigot and with all that testing I also became aware that Minecraft 1.11 has quite a few crippling bugs. While these bugs can be fixed, a lot of people I know do prefer 1.10.2 as it is just generally more stable and has way less bugs than before. However, although the client may have several crippling issues, the server side of things does not. So that means Mineswine will be updating to 1.11 for everything server side as soon as we are able to. We will still support at least 1.10, but most likely 1.9+ clients and from what I have been seeing, you should expect the Mineswine 1.11 upgrade within 2 weeks!

So now that we are on the subject of newer versions to Minecraft, along comes the discussion of what combat system is preferred. I, myself, prefer 1.9 combat more, seeing as I have a high ping. This is one of my favorite 1.9 features from the combat update. But I am aware that a lot of the community prefer 1.8 combat and below. To help keep everyone happy this is how things should work; SGRL, Jedicraft and other minigames that we have planned for release will be utilizing a 1.8 combat system. Now while this is a 1.8 combat system, you will not be able to join on a 1.8 based client, many of the features that the 1.9 update will be removed. For example, hit cooldowns, weapon damage, fast health regeneration, etc. etc. will be modified to their former states following the 1.8 PvP attributes. I will be sure to let you guys know more, as we approach that time.

In other news, I am delighted to announce that I have been promoted to Lead Systems Administrator. That being said, I would like to formally welcome another Systems Administrator to the Mineswine Administration Team; @CraftDirt! Mineswine has always provided me enjoyable opportunities and now with CraftDirt, I have someone else to help me along with my adventures into Making Mineswine Great Again™!

Additionally, I would also like to let everyone know that I will be maintaining the long-forgotten Mineswine Facebook page and will be keeping it updated with the latest information and replying to any messages sent to it. If you haven't already, go give us a like. Link to it here.

With all that information being said now, I wish you happy Minecraft 1.11 and a good day!

~Sam out

*Drops Mic*

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. CraftDirt

CraftDirt Member

WOOOOO

• Like Like x 5
  3. MylesDev

MylesDev Active Member

Minecraft Accounts: MylesDev
    Congratulations to @CraftDirt on System Administrator!

4. Fukaziroh_

Fukaziroh_ Admin
    Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: Fukaziroh_
    Now it's coming closer

5. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Super Admin
    VIP

Minecraft Accounts: SuperEthos
    I can live with 1.8 combat! #SpamClick

Just give us our shields back in Factions, we can't make them.

6. Elreith

Elreith Active Member

Awesome! Can't wait! :D

7. whatwhatfilms1

whatwhatfilms1 Active Member

The power of using the force on blocks is coming closer :)

8. SuperCrafterHQ

SuperCrafterHQ Active Member

Will there still be duel welling wepepens /guns

• Like Like x 1
  9. BossX

BossX Famous Member

I dont really care about the versions of minecraft that mineswine uses, 1.8,1.9.1.10 doesnt matter to me at all.
    As long as the servers alive and has a decent amount of active players, im happy

10. CorporalBLOBER

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: CorporalBLOBER
    I wonder how many people here remember when CraftDirt was a builder here on Mineswine around 2-3 years ago!

• Like Like x 3
  11. SiberianTiger360

1.8 Combat i think is way better then 1.9 combat. My opinion, can't wait!!!:p

• Like Like x 1
  12. SkyTaker153

SkyTaker153 Active Member

Oh yes! The llamas are coming