Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Microphone issue :/

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Awesemo, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

Hey, everyone! I am having an issue with my microphone, and I've tried to fix it multiple times, but to no avail.

Every time I plug in my earbuds, my microphone instantly cuts off, and my computer doesn't even process that there is an internal microphone installed on the computer. When I take the earbuds out of the headphone jack, the microphone works.

Is there anyone who could be able to help me fix this? This has been going on for some time now.

2. CorporalBLOBER

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: CorporalBLOBER
    3 things. What type of earbuds/headphones are you using? Do they have a built in mic? Lastly, do you both have a microphone and headphone jack on your computer or just one jack?

3. Mackattack316

Mackattack316 Active Member

This used to happen with my macbook air, it was an issue with the headphones themselves.

4. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

Just one aux jack. The earbuds that I am using do not have a built in microphone, and they're a $20 pair from Wal-Mart.

I have had other earbuds that the microphone worked with, but for the last 2, it didn't work.

5. Mackattack316

Mackattack316 Active Member

Not saying you should get beats, but it might be that the headphones are cheap.

6. CorporalBLOBER

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: CorporalBLOBER
    Alright so your computer is most likely detecting it as both which makes sense because you said they were crapy. You should be able to change your microphone in the settings depending on what program you are using your microphone on. I recommend you saving up your money and getting a new and better microphone so you wont have to deal with issues like this anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

Well, thanks for the suggestion. I'll definitely consider it