Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

Just want to point out...

Discussion in 'MineSwine Discussion' started by Ilya, Nov 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

I understand that you have 21 staff member atm and you consider the server "overstaffed", but if you take a look we only have 4 moderators atm: _JorgePlaysMC_, EntirelyBonkers, Valcom and _Dye_.
    Ill start by saying, that out of those 4 people, who suppose to be online and help people, Jorge is the only one who does his job. I know, people going to say: "Hey, EntirelyBonkers is online everyday!" Here is the thing... Although I notice her online and see her quite a lot on the server, 91% of the time she is AFK (no offence, but that's annoying). I don't know how do you expect people to stay on the server if mods just sitting around AFKing or never there...
    That's the second part. _Dye_. Nobody seen him since November 20th. I have no idea, if he left some kind of note saying "sorry guys, Ill be out for some time", but Im going to think the way I see it. He is inactive. I don't want to force his removal or anything but I am just trying to give Staff Managers (@SierraMike, @GalaxyDwarf ) some work to do. I don't know if they know and monitoring staff recruited by them, but ATM I and some other people not happy with results.

I have nothing to say about Jorge. He is coming almost everyday, checking out the server and helps people. Even though I barely see him, I saw him in action and trust that he does a good job.

Valcom.... I don't really know. I am mostly paying factions as most of you know, and I play A LOT after 5 pm. (till midnight mostly) and I barely see him as well. He might log on, chill on for a few minutes and log off. I don't know what to say about it.

In conclusion, I realize that the server is quite empty and in some people opinions its not worth to monitore 10 people. But by doing the job you help make new players stay and play.

That's all for now!

~teeb1234

Last edited: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

I don't mean to 'mini-mod' or take someone else's job, but dictating who becomes staff, and what happens in the staff, isn't any of our jobs. I feel the same as you on most of these points. I, personally haven't seen staff members help out players that often, (aside from when I'm helping people... sorry guys) @_JorgePlaysMC_ and @EntirelyBonkers were the only two that I have seen helping anyone.

@_JorgePlaysMC_ recently helped me, and I think he had done a good job. He helped resolve more than a few player issues on Factions the other day, (With some more than likely unwanted help from me, of course) He got the job done, and he did it well.

@EntirelyBonkers IS online most every day, yes, but she does her job just as well as any other staff member. I've seen that quite often, she doesn't get the respect she deserves from other staff members, but that's beside the point. She is a friend of mine, and it may seem biased, but she does a good job.

@_Dye_ , like Teeb mentioned before, is extremely inactive. Whether they are on vacation, pardon, or some other logical reason for being inactive, I have no proof, so I won't say much; as it may not be true. They haven't done much of anything, from what I've seen, but I expect there to be more, as I am not always online. I hope everything is well for their situation.

@Awesemo . This guy is a fool. He takes other's jobs, mini-mods constantly, (even though most consider it just helping out people) and is often, what he considers, 'salty.' However, he is online every day he can. Unfortunately, he is immature at mind, and is a 'nosy little kid.' Some have even taken it upon themselves calling him 'sad aweseomo.' Quite sad indeed.

And look at this. 21 staff members for 14 players. We have more staff members and developers than we have active players. 'Over-staffed' doesn't even begin to describe it. A maximum of 7 staff members log on regularly. Come on, people.

• Like Like x 2
  3. BossX

BossX Famous Member

So the point is to add more staff or replace??

4. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

It is not up for us, it is up for Staff Managers

• Like Like x 2
  5. SuperEthos

SuperEthos Super Admin
    VIP

Minecraft Accounts: SuperEthos
    I would start by getting the playerbase back up. Also, @Valcom gets on earlier in the day. @_JorgePlaysMC_... I haven't seen him on in a while :p @EntirelyBonkers is AFK quite a bit, @_Dye_ is inactive, and I am at school right now.

• Like Like x 2
  6. EntirelyBonkers

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: Palettels
    I am on everyday for hours, and I may seem afk at times but I am always there, I always have my game open on one of my monitors. If I see someone causing trouble, I deal with them. If someone asks a question, I help. Sometimes I may miss something because I am talking to someone or doing homework, but I am always there (unless i'm completely offline of course). If something major happens you can always always always message me, I will see it and help to the best of my abilities. I help as much as I can. Mineswine is my biggest priority.

• Like Like x 4
  7. SierraMike

SierraMike Member

Hello!

While I understand the conversation going on in here, we look at our staff team every day to check on performance (Moderators and Developers alike). While I cannot give out exact details for privacy reasons, we have been in agreement that no demotions / changes in staff are necessary at the time of this post. If you happen to not see much of a staff member, they may either be on a different server on the network or in a different timezone than you and may not be online at the same time as you. With this in mind, please keep your eyes peeled on the announcements and minor announcements section of the forums for any updates on the server.

Thank you all for your continued interest and investment in Mineswine,
    Mineswine Administration Team

Also please be mindful that some staff members are in school and have to focus on schoolwork and could take away from server activity.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  8. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

what about _Dye_? is he in different timezone that is 9 days behind or he is under a mountain of homework?

and also why do you recruit people who are moderators (might be) on other servers. Thats bad practice, and takes most of the attention away from MS or it hurts other server where the person is a mod...

I believe you should hire people that are totally into Mineswine and no other server. Its like being a government official in 2 countries at the same time. Never works.

9. SierraMike

SierraMike Member

As I said already, due to privacy concerns I am unable to give you more details but we find no need for demotions of any current moderator. We are quite pleased with how our staff team has been running internally, and if there are any concerns about moderators behavior on the network (NOT including activity) please contact me privately.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Space_portpro

Space_portpro Active Member

I've reported 5 hackers to admins because no mods were on, just an example of not enough active mods

• Like Like x 1
  11. SuperCrafterHQ

SuperCrafterHQ Active Member

Dude I mostly see valcome on Creative

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Valcom

Valcom Godlike Member

Hey there! As of right now as @SierraMike mentioned MineSwine is very important to me and many other staff members however life can get the best of us. I've been very inactive due to school with Mid-terms and PSAT testing. I try my best to get on as much as possible, and soon ill be on tons more, however, I grew up on video games with one exception that life comes before virtual reality. MineSwine is one of my biggest things and forever will be, but life can just be tough when it takes away from the things you love.

Edit: I also move from server to server on the network, I tend to go on each server for a few minutes to check how things are running. I mostly will be on creative as @SuperCrafterHQ mentioned above.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Lockyex

Lockyex Famous Member

Minecraft Accounts: Lockyex
    Just wanna point out

<< my rank

• Like Like x 3
  14. Awesemo

Awesemo Active Member

We noticed, man. <3

• Like Like x 1
  15. _Dye_

_Dye_ New Member

been inactive because of family issues, will be on more frequently when i can heal up. thanks for worrying though guys, :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. Jason Inc

Jason Inc Member

I don't really know you @_Dye_ But I hope you feel better , If it was a death in the family Im Sorry and I know how it feels. Be well :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. _Dye_

_Dye_ New Member

thanks for the love man :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Legoariel

Legoariel Active Member

Hahah ^

• Like Like x 1
  19. casa144

casa144 Member

I still play mineswine, I guess it makes it 15 players?

20. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

I guess there is nothing more to discuss then! REQUEST LOCK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.