Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

I'm a mod I think

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by _Dye_, Nov 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Dye_

_Dye_ New Member

My name is Dye, I'm a moderator on MineSwine and my hobbies are feeding in League of legends and feeding myself irl. I'm usually on later on in the day because my sleep schedule is nonexistent just like my future :confused:, If you wanna play league with me sometime my IGN is: l dye l . I'm a wrestling/UFC fan, and an active cod zombies player so if i'm not on the server im doing one of those things. I hope you can all welcome me with open arms to the community ! http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/925/494/218.png_large

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ilya

Ilya Famous Member

Where do you people come from? you basically got your "member" yesterday...

• Like Like x 3
  3. BossX

BossX Famous Member

Ikr, everybody just joins and gets a moderator 2 hours after

• Like Like x 5
  4. Fartmaster11

Fartmaster11 Godlike Member

Ikr who's employing these mods...

Biased? I assume...

Honestly though I wanna know wth is happening because I had a mod tell me they didn't even need apps to get staff so are they just hiring people just because their friends of a friend at this point.

Also do they even know that OVERSTAFFED is a word! Because I think the staff to player ratio ATM is about 1:2.
    If you aren't an optimist you would know that number is probably the worst staff to ratio you've ever seen for whats considered a medium sized server.
    And you right now who thinks they have a chance to get staff but won't because they already know who their gonna hire tomorrow will be like "LOL Overstaffed that thing doesnt exist" Well ill have you know that if you have too much staff you would have MAJOR Disagreements between each other, the player base can literately just fall off and people will start thinking that, MAYBE this server isn't as well run as they thought because of how unprofessional SOME staff are...
    The less bad staff you have the less people you have generalising that the staff team sucks because 1 guy blew it off.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
    • Like Like x 5
  5. _JorgePlaysMC_

_JorgePlaysMC_ Active Member

This is just a speculation and what makes sense to me. Hopefully this will help with your answers. The owners likely previously worked with many of these "new" staff members previously, whether it was on this server on another. Due to this, they likely know them well and know that they could take on the role of being staff. Thats just what it seems like to me, and what makes most sense. Other then that please keep this post on topic, this was meant to be an introduction.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Fartmaster11

Fartmaster11 Godlike Member

Well being friends with someone should only mean they should have to AT LEAST apply and be accepted like everyone else, I mean it doesnt really matter since the staff manager is just as biased but the way I see it their just going through their Skype contacts and asking random people if they would like being staff on "Their" server.

Also if your gonna argue that this server isn't overstaffed then... Umm your biased too.

Also we are PERFECTLY on topic. We are talking about introduction of new staff members and how have we shifted away from the topic?

And before someone come give me the same out of context reason to get me banned, please note that this is criticism and not disrespecting staff. If you don't take criticism you end up being the exact same guy from years ago who was a hypocrite.

• Like Like x 1
  7. _JorgePlaysMC_

Hm, I worded this wrong. I see where your coming from, and how many staff members are getting hired on the spot, but the current staff team, more specifically the owners and admins have been working with these people from previous servers, and not just handing it out to "friends" as you assumed. They know that they can handle the job since they have seen them do the job properly. They also likely have contact with them so they interviewed them personally over a call. That may be the only difference. But since they came from a previous server, its fine if they bring their staff team as well. They seem to be making plenty of progress and working well.

In terms of being overstaffed, we can all have mixed opinions on this. I see two sides of it, but both have their own reasoning. I can see your side, of the server having too many staff, but I feel thats due to most being active and being on frequent, as I see them on quite often. Another factor that can lead to this is we don't have too many players, so that may look like we have a 2:1 ratio of staff when thats not the case. Either way more staff and moderating equals more work done and better community. I do see we may have a bit extra in terms of staff, but thats totally fine like I mentioned previously, more staff equals more work done and better community. Once we build up a playerbase, it will be nice to have those staff there. Its just that we don't have many players that the staff all stick out.

In terms of staying on topic, we have shifted away. Since this was the introduction to a new staff member, specifically @_Dye_ , I say we stay on topic with his introduction and not go negative :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. _Dye_

_Dye_ New Member

Hi all, just wanted to make this clear as I'm kind of sad the thread to introduce myself to the community isn't being taken too well.

In response to @Ilya, @BossX, and @Fartmaster11, please know I was not hired just because someone messaged me to be mod and i got modded. I submitted an application just like everyone else does, got interviewed and got the job. There was not any sort of bias in it, I have previously been a mod for many other servers and I was hired earlier than usual because of my experience. I really want to grow the server and make you guys love to log on, I really hope you guys accept me with open arms, I want to be a friend to all of you and just have fun my dudes:oops:.

• Like Like x 6
  9. Fukaziroh_

Fukaziroh_ Admin
    Administrator

Minecraft Accounts: Fukaziroh_
    Then can I be the positive one? Yes? Ok.

Welcome Dye and congratulations for your Mod Position! :)
    But please do me a favor and don't throw that screen out of your window It's overall just a game no need to rage >_>

• Like Like x 3
  10. _JorgePlaysMC_

Sorry for the negativity above, hopefully we can set that aside and move forward with one another.
    Since I didn't really say anything before, ill say it now.
    Welcome to the Mineswine community! Excited to getting to know you better and working with you. From what you already said about yourself, one hobby we share is feeding ourselves, which is always fun. Anyways, I have this video of our first "encounter" with each other, hopefully it will lighten this thread up a bit :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. BossX

BossX Famous Member

I wasnt trying to be rude, ita just that some people love this server above all else, and of course theyre gona be worried when some people get to be a moderator after playing just a few hours....

• Like Like x 1
  12. ButterWarrior52

ButterWarrior52 Godlike Member

That's fair... Just I don't understand why so many people who haven't even played for a long time or something like that apply. Like...no offense Dye, this is the first time I've ever heard of you and you're ALREADY staff. (Not saying your bad ofc) But there have been people here for two YEARS who understand the community and how the server works yet they get no commendation in terms of staff rank.

I would like to know your opinion on this @_Dye_

• Like Like x 1
  13. Austrayan

Austrayan VIP
    VIP

What's going on in here? and why was I not invited... hmph ;(

Trust me, our procedures will prevent random staff messing around. Since Taco is experienced with a server that has a similar process, he understands what we are looking for in applicants even if they aren't super active or members of the community before the reset.

Now for Butter, we understand that those who have been members of the community should receive the rank, they unfortunately haven't met our qualifications. Our system is pretty simple, you meet the detail requirements we would like, your chances of becoming accepted have increased.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ButterWarrior52

ButterWarrior52 Godlike Member

Nah I completely get that xD
    I just feel like the staff needs to get to know us all, which will probably happen in time

15. Lockyex

Lockyex Famous Member

Minecraft Accounts: Lockyex
    Hi Mod Friend,

Welcome to the forums and community

• Like Like x 1
  16. WillS1888

WillS1888 Active Member

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you were lied to. Your not a mod your actually a Massivly Overrated Duck (MOD)

• Like Like x 2
  17. _Dye_

_Dye_ New Member

Just woke up LOL anyway

@ButterWarrior52 , I completely see your point of view where people have been here for so long but don't get the staff rank they wish to have or like to have, but I simply cannot control that. I got very lucky to get the rank so early, and I completely intend to do as much as I can to make MineSwine fun for you guys. Alot of the reason again why I was hired was my experience and how long I've been around. I've been playing since beta and have modded many servers in between that space of time and have dealt with small playerbases to gigantic ones, and while MineSwine has been my latest stop I intend to make it one of the best ones. Lots of people who have been here for a long period of time that want staff rank may simply just not meet the requirements, and that's kind of the hard truth.

@BossX I'm going to make you love the server a little more then, trust me on that ;)

@WillS1888 , As long as I'm Bubberducky

Last edited: Nov 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  18. Elreith

Elreith Active Member

It does seem like the owners are inviting their friends to be mods, not that this is always a bad thing, so far the new mods have been pretty cool.

It is biased, but as long as everyone else who's been a Mineswine member and worked hard for their shot as mod gets an equal chance, I don't think it's a huge problem.

Anywho, welcome Dye :p

• Like Like x 1
  19. SkyTaker153

SkyTaker153 Active Member

Ok, I find this sorta a bad thing knowing that many players tried out on becoming staff.... But since the owners probably don't know us might not accept us and there will be no room left on the staff team. But this is just a theory so if im wrong than im wrong.....

20. _JorgePlaysMC_

That would be wrong, as I never knew any of the staff as many of other staff members many not as well. @Austrayan confirmed it for everyone, that the staff aren't just randomly picked and actually have to apply and go through the whole process. If you guys want to continue this, I suggest create a whole thread to itself to rant about this, where we will answer all the questions you have. But for now, please stay on topic with @_Dye_ and his introduction to the staff team. Thanks for your cooperation :)

Edit: I won't be responding to this thread anymore due to the off topic, if you want to continue this discussion either PM me or create a thread and I will be glad to help you out with any questions you have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.