Welcome to the MineSwine Forums!

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Sign up today and get involved with the action!

News Abiding by the EULA

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by ssamjh, Apr 3, 2018.

1. ssamjh

ssamjh Owner
    Owner

Minecraft Accounts: ssamjh
    Hello all,

This morning I woke up to an email from Mojang. This email was letting us know that we need to follow the EULA for our online store. This came as quite a shock but I sort of expected it would happen eventually.

The email explained that we need to make all server abide by the rules or there will be consequences. So I have spent the last few hours doing as much as I can to do make it so.

All directly purchasable items that give the purchaser any benefits have been removed from the store.

I would like to ask the community to NOT turn this into a "let's bash Mojang because they suck" thread. The EULA is a legally binding contract that all servers have to abide by. Mojang has every right to do what they are doing. It is their game, they can decide what they want to do with it.

Players should be warned that this change will negatively affect the servers income and it could lead to a potential shutdown of MineSwine.

Crate Key Drops!
    Instead, we will have Crate Key Drops. This means that all kits are being moved into our rebranded crate: the Kit Crate!

When you purchase a Crate Key Drop, everyone currently online will receive a key! As well as this, we have re-added the possibility of getting duplicates - it has to be this way to be balanced. This also applies to Fire Crate Keys.

Kits
    Must now be obtained from Crate Keys obtained from drops.

Pets
    Are now only cosmetic. Porgs will no longer give you any boost of credits per kill.

2. Valcom

Valcom Network Manager | Forum Ninja
    Manager YouTuber

[​IMG]

• Joy Joy x 1
  3. Phantis

Phantis Member

Minecraft Accounts: Phantis
    How does Minecraft find out about whether a server is or isn't following the EULA? Someone reports the server? Or what?

4. Valcom

Valcom Network Manager | Forum Ninja
    Manager YouTuber

5. Phantis

Phantis Member

Minecraft Accounts: Phantis
    Interesting, it sucks that the EULA is cracking down. Minecraft is rich either way, with or without the EULA. My attitude towards Pay-To-Win, in general, has always been, "if you don't like the pay-to-win aspect, don't play it". I have never donated to any servers, but I don't mind the small level of pay-to-win on this server or some other servers. I hope the best for the server, it is hard to stay online, update, and other stuff without the income.

6. HERB_YELIAB

VIP

Minecraft Accounts: __HERB__
    Tis a shame indeed